Upskilling Grants: Criteria & Process
As the industry develops at such a rapid pace, you may find there are gaps in your experience or skill set, particularly in the digital/online arena that might impede your career development.
With the NABS Upskilling Grant, we can help re-energise and accelerate your career by adding a new skills dimension for better career fulfilment and increased knowledge.
NABS’ focus is on preventing job loss or securing re-employment in our rapidly-changing technological environment.
You are out of work or your role is potentially at risk unless you upskill.
- You have missed out on opportunities to develop
- You have not been considered for training opportunities
- You have been overlooked for promotion
- You are at a junction in your career whereby it is imperative you upskill
- You have spent a substantial amount of your career in advertising/media
- You are having coaching with a NABS Career Coach
- You want to develop your expertise and have a mindset to become an agent of change
- You are committed to completing your chosen course and you have enough time to complete the course
- Ideally the course provider is recognised by NABS and preferably be one of the industry institutes who are happy to give NABS a discount on the course
- You are not in a position to entirely fund this course yourself and can provide supporting documents to demonstrate you meet our financial eligibility
There will be an application process whereby you will have to complete an application form, demonstrating that you meet the criteria and can clearly explain how this course will benefit your career.
In addition to our application form, you will be required to have a career coaching session with our in-house coaches.
It takes about a month to process your application, once we’ve received all of your paperwork. During this time, we run various checks and assess your affordability. At the end of this period, we will be able to confirm if and how NABS can support you.
As a guide, the assessment of financial eligibility will be as follows:
For those in work:
Majority of monthly income is allocated to monthly outgoings with little surplus.
Have less than £5k in savings; if you have more, you can reasonably justify why they can’t use these savings.
For those in between jobs:
Majority of monthly income (e.g. state benefits) is allocated to monthly outgoings with little surplus
Have less than £10k in savings; if you have more, you can reasonably justify why you can’t use these savings.
If you have any questions please contact: