Managing Anxiety: grounding techniques
Grounding is about connecting with your physicality and bringing you back into the present moment. In this video, we share our top five tips for grounding.
- Noticing what your eyes observe (1m25s)This helps to bring you back to the present moment, rather than focusing on the past or the future
- Breathing techniques (4m)Breathing techniques work with the deepest level of the brain (the primal brain) to soothe your nervous system
- Giving yourself a big hug! (5m23)Go ahead. You deserve it!
- Shaking to calm your nervous system (6m39s)Shaking can release adrenaline from your nervous system, in addition to other benefits
- Grounding into the earth (8m55s)This is about connecting to the energy of the earth. It’s more esoteric so may not be for everyone