Senior marketing executive
Reports to: Senior digital marketing manager
NABS team: Commercial (marketing team)
Employment term: Maternity cover, 7 months FTC, 5 days a week
Date to start: April 2023
How to apply: Send CV and cover letter to Lewis Hill, senior digital marketing manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
NABS is the support organisation for the advertising and media industry.
We exist to help everyone in the industry succeed and thrive, and to improve and champion wellbeing at all stages of the career journey.
We’re passionate about providing the industry with expert, impartial and friendly help, advice and career guidance. We do this through our comprehensive career coaching, networking opportunities, grants and masterclasses, an Advice Line which exists to offer support and a friendly, expert ear, and events which bring all sides of our community together to network and learn.
Now more than ever it is essential for NABS to support the advertising industry with our wellbeing service provision and support. Ways of working have changed dramatically and NABS is still here providing the industry with vital support.
Our organisational values are: accessible, collaborative, empowering, heartfelt support, impartial, and valuing equality and diversity.
NABS is a registered charity: Charity registration number 1070556
- Provide support to the marketing team and wider organisation in their efforts to raise education and awareness levels of its vital services so that more people across the industry can access NABS’ wellbeing support.
- To support in the promotion of NABS fundraising activities, to raise critical funds to help NABS to continue its work.
- To lead the day-to-day production of digital content of NABS across its newsletters, website and social media platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To lead the day-to-day management of NABS’ key social media accounts, ensuring that information and messages are communicated in an informative manner, with careful consideration of NABS’ tone-of-voice and corporate values.
- To help draft and distribute regular newsletters promoting NABS’ services and fundraising initiatives, as well as case studies and testimonials, across a range of audiences.
- To work with the senior digital marketing manager in the administration and execution of key marketing activities, including advertising campaigns, initiatives, service promotion and events, specifically to raise awareness of NABS wellbeing support and fundraising.
- To work closely within the marketing team, identifying new opportunities for NABS to share its voice through social and digital platforms to enable more people across the industry to benefit from NABS support.
- To manage user enquiries through social media channels in a helpful and professional manner, in line with the NABS brand.
- To manage day-to-day upkeep of NABS’ website – ensuring the site is constantly updated with the most current content including links to the latest government and public health advice.
- To help create and distribute internal and external branded documents, infographics, merchandise and collateral.
- To work closely with all NABS departments to ensure the marketing team are aware and up to date with the latest news, fundraising activities, services and key dates, to allow the team to suitably promote activities,
- Work with the SDMM to improve NABS’ SEO and accessibility scores.
- To monitor the use of NABS’ brand guidelines across the organisation, in order to ensure a consistent brand voice.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This role will require travel across London and on occasion, within the UK, on a planned basis.
- Some weekend or late evening work will be required for supporting NABS events and during busy periods, particularly in the run up to large scale events. NABS will endeavour to offer time off in lieu in accordance with its policies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of delivering marketing activities & communications up to at least Exec level.
- An ability to write and create graphics for social and newsletters in a clear and concise, yet imaginative and appealing manner.
- A thorough understanding of how key social media platforms work:, Twitter, LinkedIn YouTube, Instagram, Facebook.
- Experience using social media planning/scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Proficient in using Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools.
- Proficient in using Canva or similar graphic design tools.
- An aptitude for writing using different tones of voice or different points of view in a way that relates to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including a strong competency for spelling, structure, grammar and vocabulary.
- A keen eye for detail and an aesthetic flare.
- Experience of writing blogs and social posts.
- Equipment to work from home eg access to the internet and personal computer.
- Proficient in using Office software.
- You have a positive, professional, friendly, can-do attitude and you thrive working in a small team.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to working within NABS’ stated values.
- Experience of the charity sector.
- Good working knowledge of the advertising and media industry including its changing landscape and demonstrable understanding of the structure of agencies and media owners.
- Evidence of continued professional development/life-long learning
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at NABS
We encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups to apply for this role.
We believe that everyone has the right to be their true selves at work, to have opportunity, to be accepted and to be part of a community.
We know that difference brings creativity, experience, varying perspectives and that this enables us to collectively do our best work.
We put people first by championing, promoting and supporting the wellbeing of our teams and are a proud equal opportunities employer.
We are also on our own journey and are challenging our own culture and systemic behaviours and if you join our team, you will be part of an organisation that is working towards becoming more equitable and is committed to making an inclusive culture for everyone.