Learning and Development Executive
Job title: Learning and Development Executive
Reports to: Head of Learning and Development
NABS team: Wellbeing Services & Culture Change
Employment term: 12-month fixed term contract, 37.5hrs across 5 days, Monday to Friday or 37.5 hours across 4 days (compressed hours)
Location: Mostly remote working. Typically, an average of 1 day per week in the London office minimum is expected. Open to discussion about this.
How to apply: Send CV and cover letter to Katrina Urban, Head of Learning & Development: email@example.com
Deadline: Applications close 24th March. Interviews w/c 3rd April
Start date: Monday 15th May
NABS is the support organisation for the advertising and media industry.
We exist to help everyone in the industry succeed and thrive, and to improve and champion wellbeing at all stages of the career journey.
We’re passionate about providing the industry with expert, impartial and friendly help, advice and career guidance. We do this through our comprehensive career coaching, networking opportunities, grants and masterclasses, an Advice Line which exists to offer support and a friendly, expert ear, and events which bring all sides of our community together to network and learn.
Our organisational values are: accessible, collaborative, empowering, heartfelt support, impartial, and valuing equality and diversity.
NABS is a registered charity: Charity registration number 1070556
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative support across our Learning and Development offer (charity and commercial training) and broader Wellbeing Services from time-to-time.
- Main contact for our Learning and Development service, ensuring excellent client services, confidentiality, and accurate data management.
- Booking and data management for all our Learning and Development products, responding to initial enquiries, administrative tasks and setting up of events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead liaison for clients, training bookers as well as lead liaison for associate coaches, and trainers
- Managing inboxes along with diary and booking systems related to coaching appointments, masterclasses/workshops and commercial training. Checking eligibility and determining trainer/coach allocation based on client needs.
- Setting up virtual masterclasses/workshops, commercial training, NABS Talks events and webinars via platforms such as Zoom and Eventbrite. From time-to-time setting up in real life masterclasses/workshops and commercial training at our London office or at client offices, where necessary.
- Relationship management with speakers and from time-to-time supporting the Events team with venue management on any external events relating to Learning and Development or the wider Wellbeing Services Team.
- To develop (with the Head of L&D) the calendar of our L&D activity and ongoing management of the calendar including any programme activity and speaker management of external experts.
- To liaise with the Marketing team to ensure all our activity is communicated to our audiences including, writing marketing briefs and copy for L&D/Wellbeing Services activity.
- Ensuring that the L&D team administration, systems, and processes are optimised for internal effectiveness and client services. From time-to time, liaising and supporting Marketing, Data team and projects to ensure NABS are operating in the most efficient way.
- To provide empathetic and appropriate communication by phone, email and face-to-face with all NABS clients.
- To ensure brand guidelines are consistently maintained on all materials.
- To monitor feedback for L&D offer, charity and commercial as part of quality assurance and overall charity governance
- To support the Head of L&D with budget management, monitoring actuals/invoices where required and any providing any other ad-hoc financial admin for the team
- To ensure contracts/briefing documents are in place with suppliers.
- Inputting data into the RE7 and NXT database in relation to Services clients and training data ensuring high standards of data recording, according to NABS strategy and GDPR legislation.
- Ad hoc support collating and providing monthly and quarterly statistical reports on service usage to Head of L&D.
- Ad hoc cover of Services Executive – Support Exec, assisting the Support Team with administrative tasks.
- Provide general office support as part of the NABS office support team on an ad-hoc basis including covering reception and mobile phone when required.
- Ensuring full utilisation of the NABS HR system as required and adopting NABS policies to ensure fair and equitable ways of working.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This role may require travel across London and on occasion, within the UK, on planned basis.
- This role is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service criminal record check – enhanced check with barring
- Some weekend or late evening work will be required for supporting NABS events and during busy periods, particularly in the run up to large scale events. NABS will endeavour to offer time off in lieu in accordance with its policies.
- Dependent on requirement and need, this role will be supported with external direction, through mentoring or informal guidance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent administrative skills & interpersonal skills including high levels of empathy, strong active listening skills as well as excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Numerate and data literate with very good understanding and working knowledge of databases and proficient in using platforms including Microsoft, Zoom and Eventbrite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in a calm and collaborative manner using own initiative
- Previous client management experience to Account Executive level or equivalent
- Passionate about improving and championing wellbeing
- A commitment to working within NABS’ stated values including actively engaged with D, E&I learning
- Good working knowledge of the advertising and media industry including its changing landscape and demonstrable understanding of the structure of agencies and media owners
- Raiser’s Edge 7/Blackbaud data management experience
- Experience of the charity sector
- Evidence of continued professional development/life-long learning
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at NABS
We encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups to apply for this role.
We believe that everyone has the right to be their true selves at work, to have opportunity, to be accepted and to be part of a community.
We know that difference brings creativity, experience, varying perspectives and that this enables us to collectively do our best work.
We put people first by championing, promoting and supporting the wellbeing of our teams and are a proud equal opportunities employer.
We are also on our own journey and are challenging our own culture and systemic behaviours and if you join our team, you will be part of an organisation that is working towards equitability and is committed to making an inclusive culture for everyone.