WACL Future Leaders Award
What is the Future Leaders’ Award?
The Future Leaders’ Award is bursary scheme for women in the advertising and communications industry with the potential to be great leaders. We reward talented and inspirational women with a vision for what they want to achieve, an understanding of the difference they can make, and the motivation to succeed.
It doesn’t matter how old you are, what branch of the industry you work in, whether you want to get to the top of the corporate ladder or strike out on your own. We are delighted that applicants showcase the growing breadth and diversity of women in advertising and communication.
So how much is the bursary worth?
Every year, we give around 30 successful applicants a training bursary worth up to £3,000, representing a 75% contribution towards an educational/training scheme of your choice. The remainder of the fees must be met by your current employer (or, if you are currently not working or your company has already allocated all of its L&D budget, we will contribute 100% of the fees, up to the £3,000 maximum). Please note, we will fund up to 10 applications at 100% funding.
Who can apply?
- Be a woman
- Be currently or most recently employed in the marketing & communications industry
- Have at least 3 years industry experience
- Be committed to developing a career within this industry
- Be able to demonstrate potential as a future leader
- Have the application endorsed by the current employer if you are opting for the 75% grant
- Have an application reference by your most recent employer if you are opting for the 100% grant
WACL is a network of the most influential women in the advertising, marketing, commercial media and communications business. It is a supportive and spirited group of individuals who meet to enable women in our industry to reach their potential and retain senior positions.
FUTURES Network was created in 2015 by FLA alumni, Cristina Loaiza, Laura Vipond, Camilla Eden-Davies and Visha Naul collectively saw an opportunity to create a network for past winners, as they recognised the advantages that having a supportive and inclusive group of like-minded women in marketing and advertising would bring. They offer:
- To join a community of smart, driven and likeminded women in marketing and communications, who will be there to support you throughout your career
- To hear from inspiring guest speakers who will share knowledge, insight and expertise at our quarterly learning and networking events in central London
- Mentoring advice from WACL members
- Opportunities to speak at upcoming events and panels
Plus, you’ll also benefit from further and ongoing support from both WACL and NABS
FUTURES is open to past and future winners who will be invited to come along to upcoming events. Please ensure that NABS have your latest contact details if you have changed jobs since winning the award. (Please note: you can unsubscribe from our emails at any time.)
If you have any queries or you’d like any more information in the meantime, please contact the FUTURES team: email@example.com
Cristina Loaiza, Visha Naul, Camilla Eden and Laura Vipond (2013 and 2014 winners), collectively saw an opportunity to create a network for past winners, as they recognised the advantages that having a supportive and inclusive group of like-minded women in marketing and advertising would bring.