Reports to: Chief Executive
Direct reports: Head of Partnerships, Head of Events, Director of Regions
Employment term:Permanent, ideally 4 or 5 days per week
Closing date: Monday 27 January, 10 a.m
First interviews: w/c 3 February tbc
Second interviews: w/c 17 February or 24 February tbc
How to apply: Send CV and cover letter, stating current salary, and setting out how you clearly meet the essential criteria of the role, to Diana Tickell, NABS Chief Executive: [email protected]
NABS is the support organisation for the advertising and media industry.
We exist to help everyone in the industry succeed and thrive, and to improve and champion wellbeing at all stages of the career journey.
We’re passionate about providing the industry with expert, impartial and friendly help, advice and career guidance. We do this through our comprehensive career coaching, networking opportunities, grants and masterclasses, an Advice Line which exists to offer support and a friendly, expert ear, and events which bring all sides of our community together to network and learn.
Our organisational values are: accessible, collaborative, empowering, heartfelt support, impartial, and valuing equality and diversity.NABS is a registered charity: Charity registration number 1070556
To ensure that NABS thrives as an organisation that supports the wellbeing of those working in advertising and media ensuring its funding and engagement programmes deliver vital income and adapt to meet the growing and changing industry:
- As a member of the Leadership team, to contribute to the strategic direction of NABS ensuring long term plans are in place to meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
- Leadership of NABS fundraising including overall responsibility for securing fundraising income, overseeing the engagement strategy with our supporting partners, events and fundraising operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Development and delivery of fundraising and relationship management strategy (with contact strategy) that secures NABS revenue growth over the longer term that is appropriate to its Purpose and the changing dynamics of the industry. Ensuring it is informed by effective market knowledge (sizing, scope etc.) to allow realistic targets to be set.
- Delivery of stretching income targets
- Maximise income against agreed targets and provide clear and robust reporting to NABS board on budgets.
- Devise a ‘new business’ strategy
- Devise and implement ‘key stakeholder’ strategy and plans e.g. NABS 100 club.
- Ensure a strategy is in place for NABS wider stakeholders/partners/trade bodies
- To ensure that all those in supporter/stakeholder-facing roles adopt an appropriate contact strategy approach and fully implement.
- Deliver NABS Strategy ensuring operating plans are in place for Partnerships, Events & Regions.
- Leadership of NABS media donations from pledge to realisation ensuring robust systems and processes are well documented and in place to manage including working closely with Finance team to secure payment within terms.
- To provide leadership to NABS portfolio of events ensuring they are developed in line with organisation direction and are professionally run.
- Ensuring high standards of operations are in place across areas of responsibility including but not limited to e.g.: events plans and procedures, media donations, data recording, GDPR.
- Provide excellent Leadership not only to direct team members but across NABS, leading by example in actions and behaviours, complying with all legislation.
- Be an inspiring people manager, motivating, managing and developing the team to their full development potential and capabilities.
- Ensuring team and individual objectives are in place and regularly reviewed in line with NABS Performance Management framework including clear development plans and regular supervisions.
- Ensure team are fully utilising the new NABS HR system as required and adopting new NABS policies to ensure fair and equitable ways of working.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This role will require travel across London and on occasion, within the UK, on planned basis.
- Evening work will be required for hosting and supporting NABS activities and events. NABS will endeavour to offer time off in lieu and flexible working in accordance with its policies.
- NABS welcomes flexible working applications in line with our policy.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience of client management and developing new business, likely to have been learned in an agency or similar environment at a senior level, and with experience of managing senior stakeholders (e.g. MD level/Commercial Director and above)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of working in the Advertising and Media industry.
- Experience of media sales including setting and delivering stretching targets.
- Experience of steering committees (e.g. for events) involving management of senior stakeholders (level as above)
- Experience of developing and implementing strategy and operating plans.
- Experience of managing events and fundraising activities.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Line Management experience within a performance management framework.
- Good working knowledge of the advertising and media industry including its changing landscape and demonstrable understanding of the structure of agencies and media owners.
- A commitment to working within NABS stated values.
- Experience of fundraising codes of conduct and applying best practice.
- Knowledge of charity governance
- Target driven with extensive experience of achieving financial KPI’s through donations
- Evidence of continued professional development/life-long learning
- Experience of working at Board Level
- Programme/Project management skills
How to apply:
Applications should be made by sending CV and Covering letter (Max 2 sides A4) stating current salary and setting out how you clearly meet the essential criteria of the role to Diana Tickell, NABS Chief Executive: [email protected]
Closing date Monday 27 January, 10 a.m