We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller
This policy (together with our terms) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.nabs.org.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Changes to this policy
- Basic biographical data provided by the user (for example, the user’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and information provided via the site’s interactive and social media functions).
- Information about the user’s visit to the site that is automatically collected by the site (for example, technical information about the user’s browser type and settings and his IP address, pages visited or products viewed, length of time on each page, page interaction information).
- Information received from other sources including other websites or online services controlled by the data controller and third parties (for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.nabs.org.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in an interactive service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, analytics providers, search information providers).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies do not contain, or pass on, personal, confidential, financial information or any other information that could be used to identify individual users of our site.
We use Google analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’).
Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ (see above) which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site, and to help us to focus our site upon the needs and requirements of users. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the site, compiling reports on site activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to 3rd parties where required to do so by law, or where such 3rd parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
We use Blackbaud NetCommunity, a digital marketing and fundraising solution, to enable website visitors to book onto our talks through an online portal.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which you previously enquired about. If you are a new user, we will contact you by electronic means unless you opt out by click on the unsubscribe link featured at the bottom of our email communications. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
All information given to NABS and to our partners providing support services will be treated with sensitivity, care and discretion. In most circumstances, the information you provide to NABS is treated as confidential. We never give identifiable personal information to our partners within the advertising and media industry.
Personal information will be used for administration, statistics, anonymous case histories or other purposes connected to the help and support we provide. We sometimes provide support through expert partners and we will get your consent before sharing any information about your situation. We will not disclose personal data to third parties without your consent.
Members of staff may discuss aspects of your enquiry or circumstances with their immediate colleagues and where working with our partners to provide support, with them. If such discussions take place it will usually be for the sole purpose of seeking information, confirming the best course of action, or helping the member of staff to reflect on their work with you. All such conversations will be respectful and will not trivialise issues brought to our attention.
Our staff will not pass on personal information about you to anyone without your express permission, subject to the following exceptions:
- When we are asked by external agencies to disclose information and there is a legal requirement to do so.
- Where there is a legal requirement to do so.
- When we have significant concerns that you present a risk of harm to yourself or others.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NABS, our users, or others.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by opting out of future communications by emailing us on email@example.com. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.