NABS Fast Forward is our flagship eight week training programme, designed to equip the industry’s future leaders with the skills needed to understand and implement marketing communications in a rapidly changing media landscape.
Founded in 1999 by Jeremy Bullmore, the past 18 years have seen over 1,300 talented delegates take part, applying their learnings from talks by leading industry luminaries and accelerated pitch work to their day-to-day business management.
This paid-for training programme runs every Wednesday for eight weeks in September and October and is hosted by a number of industry organisations in central London.
At the beginning of the course, delegates will be given a communications brief to work on in multi-disciplinary teams and on the penultimate evening they will pitch their strategic and creative solutions to a panel of distinguished judges. Last year Mark Creighton, Course Chairman, was joined by Jo Arden (MullenLowe), Nicola Kemp (Campaign), Martha Spurrier (Liberty, our 2017 Client), Diana Tickell (NABS) and Kate Waters (Now).
During the eight weeks the delegates will also hear from an incredible line up for speakers about the key aspects of the pitching process. Last year we welcomed Karen Blackett (MediaCom) and James Murphy (adam&eveDDB) to the programme, joined by Loz Horner (Lucky Generals) and Verica Djurdjevic (PHD) to name a few.
Each team of talented delegates is supported by two senior industry mentors from across Adland. These mentors volunteer eight weeks of their time to guide and mentor the teams through the process, providing valuable experience and expertise.
We have been lucky enough to partner with some of the most recognisable public and third sector organisations in the UK. Over the last four years we have been lucky enough to have Scope, Stonewall and Public Health England, and most recently, Liberty as our clients, giving delegates an invariably topical and high profile issue to construct their pitch around.
The benefits that Fast Forward gives to our 64 delegates are innumerable. Every year we assess the detailed feedback provided to us and annually re-evaluate the course to ensure it is providing the best experience to our delegates. Some of the key benefits of the course for young advertisers are:
- Talks and learnings from a host of advertising’s most respected figures
- A dedicated group of mentors offering hands-on guidance and expertise
- An opportunity to work in pitch process conditions, culminating in the presentation of a fully integrated communications plan to a panel of distinguished judges
- A 360° communications perspective, with the chance to improve confidence, leadership skills, presentation techniques and much more
- The opportunity to finish the course with a deeper understanding of a topical social issue. Every year we partner with an organisation with a strong social purpose, so previous cohorts of delegates have learned more about public awareness and acceptance of mental health issues, the transgender community and people with disabilities.
The course is designed for those with one to two year’s experience. Our delegates come from across the advertising and media world, typically at Account Executive to Senior Account Manger level.
The cost per delegate is £1,385, which given the quality of input and guidance is truly a worthwhile investment.
Please email Ellie Gerszt to register your interest for next year.