Teenage Years Masterclass
Time: 9.30am - 10.30am + 30mins Q&A
Children are growing up quicker and earlier than ever before; we once thought of adolescence as when children turned 13, but with puberty now beginning as young as 8 for 1 in 6 girls and 10 for some boys we may see adolescent behaviour long before they are 13.
This seminar will cover:
- How to manage those years.
- How children and young people feel about these years.
- Seeing adolescence as a process, a rite of passage and a time of loss and change.
- Why are they beginning the journey earlier?
- The positive aspects of this journey – our fears and expectations.
- Why are they so weird? The latest neuroscience on the adolescent brain and how it affects; behaviour, sleep.
- Keeping the lines of communication open, adolescent friendly communication and the importance of connection.
- Discipline & boundaries, peer pressure.
The speaker for this seminar is Julie Johnson – Child, adolescent & family counsellor and psychotherapist, school therapist and parent coach.
All of our talks, Masterclasses and Webinars are free to attend.