Parent & Child Sleep Session
Time: 9.30am - 11am
From our research into working parents from the advertising and media industry, fatigue was cited by 45% of parents as one of the biggest pressures that come with being working parent.
We know that insufficient sleep for children can in turn affect parents’ wellbeing so we want to help educate and appropriately support our parents in this area.
This session offers an introduction into how to create a long lasting sleeping pattern for your child.
The session will include:
- The importance of sleep for your babies / child’s development
- Baby / child sleep regulation including sleep duration, stages, cycles and timing
- How to create a bedtime wind down for your baby / toddler / child
- How to get your child to self-settle
- How to get your baby / toddler / child to fall back to sleep in the middle of the night
- How to prevent early rising
- How to create the optimum napping schedule for your baby / toddler
- How to manage the sleep deprivation of being a parent
The Sleep School was founded in 2009 by Dr Guy Meadows a sleep physiologist and Adrian Baxter. They are passionate about helping people to sleep better and educating on the importance of sleep and how to achieve it.
Who this session is for: New or more experienced parents and carers of children aged 0 – 6yrs, parents with multiple children